Friday, February 28, 2014

Feature Author: Yolanda Olson

We would love to welcome the amazing Yolanda Olson to our page!! Get to know her and her books you will not regret it!
~Raquel~



Escaping Eden – Erotica

Review  
4 star read loved this story. Love Eden shes a fun outgoing girl but doesn't want a relationship cause she still has feelings for her ex. Her friend has something else in mind she wants Eden happy so she introduces her to Simon the sexy Australian here on a Visa. Eden try's to help Simon find the right girl but she is definitely in for more then that. This story was funny and had the right amount of emotion. Escaping Eden is the perfect example of opposites extract. Escaping Eden is a fun loving romance that's characters draw you in. Yolanda Olson has a way of writing that you cant help but smile this romance is one you need to add to your TBR. 
~Raquel~

 

Saving Marley – Erotica

Claiming Olivia – Erotica

Review 
4 stars. This was a short and fun read. I love how Olivia goes to Spain to find herself. Olivia is strong and independent I love her character. When her and Alejandro meet their connection was instant and you hope for the happy ending Olivia deserves. This book was an enjoyable read I would have loved it to be longer so I can enjoy it more. 
~Raquel~ 
 




Monster – YA Horror

Unwound – Fiction Horror

Author bio:
Yolanda Olson grew up in Bridgeport, CT and currently resides in Bloomington, IL. Through her love of writing, she has channeled the emotions of early life experiences into characters that are intriguing and powerful. Her vivid imagination and her love of video games and horror movies are evident in her writing style.

Author Interview 

What inspired you to write your first book? My first self-pub is called Monster: The Rebirth of Finnegan Sloane under a pen name. I was watching a music video one day and the girl in the video kind of sparked something in me. So I wrote something that I would want to read.
Do you have a specific writing style? No, I try to do my best to keep horror related gore in everything which is why I’m going back to my PNR. Erotica is fun, but the horror keeps fighting its way out of me lol
How did you come up with the title? I’ll pick a random title :p Monster is how Finnegan sees herself. She hates herself for being a Monster even though it was never her choice to be one.
What's your next project? I’m working on a vampire PNR about a soul eater and … you’ll see! ;)
What's your favorite love story? (movie or book) Legend. OMG I’m not one for love stories, but Legend has been my favorite movie since I was a child so that will always be it for me!
What’s your favorite quote from your book? “Was I ever crazy? Maybe. Or maybe life is… Crazy isn’t being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It’s you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever. They were not perfect, but they were my friends.” ― Susanna Kaysen, Girl, Interrupted
If we Googled your name what would we see? You’d see a list of my books and stuff!
Who was your favorite character to write about? Probably Caelum from Unwound. He goes through a lot and he never loses faith in what he’s doing.
If you could have been told one thing that you weren't told when you were a teenager, what would you like to have heard? Don’t graduate. Once you do it’s real world time lol
Are there any Authors you feel inspired you? Kelley Armstrong, Kim Harrison, & Tonya Hurley
you a morning or night person? Night definitely. You don’t want to be near me in the morning until the coffee has settled lol
If I wasn't afraid I would _go to the circus. Clowns stop me dead in my tracks all the time.________ (What?)
Someday, I want to __visit Spain and Greece_______ (What?)
What is the best thing you have done in your life?  Been an aunt. I know it’s nothing I did personally but being able to love those kids like they are my own makes life worth living.
What are your favorite hobbies? Reading, writing, playing video games.
Do you believe in love at first sight? I want to say no BUT it so happened to me. I’m still married to my first love at first sight experience lol
Does Prince Charming exist? Nope. Don’t ever think he’s there. I’m a realist when it comes to that.
List five adjectives to describe yourself. Ambitious, honest, trustworthy, shy, and loyal.
What are your pet peeves or interesting things about you that you dislike? I have a thing with balance. Maybe it’s the Libra in me, but I always try to put a tattoo in the opposite spot of where I have one. Currently, my right arm has been driving me nuts because I have a half sleeve of Alice in Wonderland on my left arm and nothing on my right. >_<
xo Yolanda
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment