Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review of Doreen by Leonardo Acebo

17701306

I was really looking forward to reading this book but once I started it I was disappointed. I was excited to meet a snarky, doesn't take crap from anyone character. Doreen is definitely that but what I didn't like was the interaction between her and her daughters. It was hard for me to read the disrespectful and rude way they interacted with one another and the illegal situations she put herself and most importantly her daughters. However, the writing is very descriptive and the characters come alive, which really pulled me into the story and the transformation that the characters make. The evolution of their relationships was very well written and I think was what ultimately won me over. I can honestly say that after a slow, less than enthusiastic start I couldn't put it down towards the end! I am also looking forward to the next one to see what other shenanigans they can get themselves into.
~ Leslie A

No comments:

Post a Comment