Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review of Fearless by Devon Hartford

I just finished Fearless and it was so good! I haven’t read many books like this by male authors, but Devon did a great job writing Samantha’s story. She moved to San Diego from DC for college and a new beginning. I enjoyed the progression of Adonis and Sam’s relationship, it was much more realistic than the love-at-first-sight stories we read so often. I liked her small group of friends. They were interesting and added comic relief. I think the struggle between being what her parents want her to be versus her actual wants and dreams is a real conflict that a lot of people can relate to. Samantha had a tragic event happen in her past that follows her to her new life. At times, I just wanted her to spit it out so we knew what happened to her, but it was totally worth the wait! This book had me laughing, frustrated, tearing up and happy. I can’t wait for the next book in the series to see how things progress and if that past mistake catches up to her again. ~Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment