Friday, January 3, 2014

Feature Author Mara White

Hey Loves it is my honor to welcome Mara White as our feature author.
 

Buy Links

➤Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.to/1kBKULq
➤B&N: http://bit.ly/1bnM0Cu
➤Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/18J46E1
➤Kobo: http://bit.ly/1bnMc4B
➤Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1bnMf0e

Synopsis
A woman who has everything meets a man who can offer her nothing but trouble. They bring each other to a height of desire neither thought possible, but is it enough to overcome the differences that tear them apart?
Kate Champion, a forty-two-year-old, married mother of two, leads an enviable upper class life of luxury. Her comfortable path takes an unexpected detour after a chance encounter at a neighborhood playground.
Jaylee Inoa is a twenty-two-year-old, second generation New York Dominican with close ties to the Heights and the gangs that run them.
Her life of privilege is no match for the code of the streets he navigates with ease. When a crime of the heart leads to a crime in the flesh, how far will she go to redeem him? Can she risk all in her life that is golden for the love of her golden-eyed man?



Review

5 star review!! Let me start by saying hot damn!! When I read the synopsis I couldn't wait to start this book and let me say I was not disappointed this book was everything and some!  Kate lives a perfect life married to a lawyer with kids living the rich life you ask what more could she possible need?? Why not a gorgeous 22 year old lover that she can't help but have!! This book has true raw passion no regards to the consequences. Two people that can't resist each other and will go to any lengths to have the ride of there lives ripping through anything in their path!This books has your twist and turns that make a book good it gives you love, drama, passion and all out pure emotion!! This book left me speechless and wanting more!! Mara's debut novel hit home in more ways then one and I anticipate more from this amazing author!!
~Raquel~


Martini Times listed HOD as one of the best books of 2013 so here is the link to their review




Author Bio


 Author Bio
       I’m a reader, a writer, and a lover of all things romantic.  I’m also a coffee, hot sauce, ink, telenovela and Bikram Yoga enthusiast.  I live in New York City with my husband and two children, and I spend a lot of time on the playground.   

Author Interview

 
   
1.     Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? I live in NYC with my husband and two kids.  I’m a bit of a perfectionist.  I drink a lot of coffee.  I put hot sauce on everything (even fruit) and if there is lime and salt sitting around, I’ll take that too.  Right now I’m totally addicted to a drama that I watch on Hulu called Drenaje Profundo.  It’s really dark and creepy!
2.     What do you do when you are not writing? Eat, take yoga class, work, play with my kids, read, sleep.
3.     What is a crazy thing you do when your writing?? I often write with pen and paper and then later type out what I’ve written.  The more emotional a scene is for me the harder it is for me to compose on a computer.  I used to write everything in Spanish first and then translate into English, which was really tedious.  Then about five or so years ago I switched entirely to English.
4.     When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book? I’ve been writing ever since I was little.  I finished HOD over the summer (2013) and then began editing and moving toward self-publishing.
5.     How did you choose the genre you write in? It was a natural progression for me.  I moved from reading canonical texts for school to popular fiction and then from there - on to romance and erotica.
6.     Where do you get your ideas? I take from everything I see and hear in my daily life but a lot also comes to me at night either in dreams on when I’m falling asleep.
7.     Have you ever gone out in public with your shirt on backwards, or your slippers on, and when realizing it, just said screw it? Oh Yeah!  All the time.  Baby vomit down my shirt – you name it.  My kids are toddlers so, peanut butter in my hair is normal, dirty hands wiped on mom’s white shirt – all of that.
8.     Do you work with an outline, or just write? Always with an outline but it’s usually a pretty loose one.  And things always change as I write – sometimes the characters refuse to adhere to their outline!
9.     Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult? There are a million! I’ve always been really drawn to mystical and religious texts.  Louise Erdrich was a huge one for me as a kid and young adult.  For HOD I definitely channeled Clarice Lispector’s “The passion according to G. H.” in order to stay inside of Kate’s POV the entire time.  Within the genre, I really admire Katy Evan’s work.  She has an amazing intensity that’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen.
10. Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published? HOD was self-published and I had a kind and generous mentor that walked me through the steps.
11. If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change? No, I think I’m satisfied with how everything turned out.
12. Do you get road rage? What pisses you off the most about other drivers? I don’t have a driver’s license and I’ve never driven a car.  I’m not very good with transportation as a whole.  I love to travel but I hate the getting there.
13. Have you written a book you love that you have not been able to get published? I did write another love story with two very dysfunctional lovers that was pretty entrenched in darkness, alcoholism and poverty.  Maybe I’ll pull it out again some day!
14. Can you tell us about your upcoming book? Fear of Heights is what I’m working on now and it’s a continuation of the Heights of Desire plot line. 
15. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination? Purely imagination. 
16. What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? I really loved writing the prologue and the epilogue.  It was an emotional experience for me to go inside of my characters in both of those sections.  I also really liked writing the hospital chapter.
17. How did you come up with the title? The story takes place in the Heights and is/was inspired by the neighborhood so I knew I wanted to use it in the title.  I just played around with different things until it sounded right.
18. What project are you working on now? Fear of Heights – the Heightsbound Sequel!
19. Will you have a new book coming out soon? Hopefully late 2014 if not sooner!
20. Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with? I think exploring feminism and femininity as well as gender within the romance and erotica genres is endlessly fascinating, because I do believe that by their very nature those genres can easily perpetuate fallacies about women and relationships and what it means to be ‘female.’    
21. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment? Toughest criticism came from a professor who told me that I “chronically abandon my characters.”  The best compliment is always when you move someone – be it tears, anger, giggles or even just giving them a sense of satisfaction.
22. What is your most embarrassing moment? I’m always embarrassing myself.  I’m probably doing it right now in this interview! : ) I’m always embarrassing myself.
23. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?  I of course want to thank all of the readers for taking the time to read the book!  I definitely hope that it moves them in some way and that they’re willing to stick with me (and Kate) through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment