Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Featured Author SG Holster

Hey guys I'm THRILLED to introduce you guys to our featured author today, SG Holster! I had a chance to interview her and read her book Terrible Lies book 2 in the Thirty Seconds to Die series! 


17256389




This is the second novel in the Thirty Seconds To Die series. Ren and Lexi's story continues...

"Love is whatever you can still betray. 
Betrayal can only happen if you love."

- John le Carre

Against the odds, Lexi Flynn closed the passage for the souls. Fleeing to Alaska was a heartbreaking decision that has left her feeling devastated and alone. She wishes that her life could go back to normal. But as the protector for the passage and being pursued by superhuman assassins, it’s hard to tell what normal is. Just as she hits rock bottom, Ren sweeps in as her hero.

Refusing to let her go, he attempts to rebuild her trust. What no one knows is that Ren needs Lexi to save him from his own devastation when a dark family secret is uncovered. Transformed by their decisions, their choices become irrevocable as they learn that some secrets should remain hidden.

Lexi must fight to save those she loves while dealing with the conflicting emotions of grief, forgiveness, love, and while discovering the strength of her own identity. 

Terrible Lies, author S.G. Holster’s second book of the Thirty Seconds to Die series, is an exciting journey with twists, heartbreak, romance and sacrifice


REVIEW
5 HOOKED FROM PAGE ONE STARS! If you haven't read the first book go read it! I promise to not to any spoilers in this review so I'll keep it short and to the point. Lex and Ren are amazing characters. Ren is strong, charming, romantic, and handsome. Lex is strong in that she pushes her emotions and needs aside to deal with whatever she needs to. There are twists and turns that you expect to happen and then you are lead down another twist and turn you didn't see coming. This book is definitely a TBR! ~ Leslie

BUY LINKS

What inspired you to write your first book? 
I’d like to say that my inspiration was me. Just as reading is a way to escape and dream for so many people, writing is that for me. I wanted to write my perfect story. As for the idea of it, I’d have to say that the first inspiration came from a show I was watching on TV. It was about Ferndale, CA and is the town where TSTD starts off. I have to say I didn’t intend to sit down and write a novel – it just took on a life of its own.
What was the hardest part in writing your book?
I think I'm a bit all over the place when it comes to writing. Whenever an idea or scene comes to me, I write it down. A lot of it ends up on sticky notes or just notes on my phone. Thirty Seconds To Die was my first attempt at a novel. It was only for my eyes. The hard part is putting it out there for everyone to see and hope that they love your characters as much as you do.

How did you come up with the title? 
The title is from a fictional Inuit myth that appears early on in the story. I tried on several titles before TSTD actually stuck.

How much of the book is realistic?
The places are realistic, my characters are real – ish. Certainly their emotions and feelings are.

What books have most influenced your life most?
Seriously there are too many to list. Maybe it would be okay to say that the first book that really hooked me – so long ago – was Christine by Stephen King. (

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
I listen, read and watch what Elizabeth Gilbert has to say – smart lady. It’s difficult though to single out just one writer. I respect any writer who has the concentration and drive to write a novel, and then to share it with the world.

What book are you reading now?
I’ve just finished reading The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd and loved it so much. I’m just sad that I’ll have to wait so long for book 3.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
YES! I’m in total writer love with G.J. Walker-Smith and The Wishes Series. She’s an amazing writer.

What are your current projects?
Heartlines is the third and final book in the TSTD series. It’s told through Brett’s POV. I’m also in first draft on a New Adult stand alone titled, To The Edge Of The Earth.

Do you see writing as a career?
As long as I’m passionate and writing for me and my readers, I’ll continue to write. It would be wonderful to say that writing is my career and my passion.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
YES!!! Here is a sneak at Heartlines –
I walked away from Lexi leaving her standing behind the gate. Ren was smart to put the barrier between us. I fought everything in me not to run back to the house and steal her away. Instead, I walked around the corner and punched the wall, brilliant. My hand throbbed along with my heartbeat and the only thing I could do was stuff it in a pile of snow. A couple huddled together and pretended I wasn’t there as they passed by - smart people.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
I can’t say thank you enough for all of the love and support the TSTD series has received. It’s gone beyond any expectation I ever had. I wish I could give you all a big hug ;)

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Lexi is close to my heart because TSTD and Terrible Lies are told through her POV. In creating her character I made her a little damaged emotionally. She has to deal with anxiety. She is focused and really won’t change her mind once she decides on it. She’s kind and wants to make her friends happy, but on the inside she’s conflicted about keeping her secrets and wanting to be just a fun loving teenager. Lexi is strong physically and emotionally, but at the same time she feels weak when it comes to her heart. She’s self sufficient and independent.

What’s your favorite sex position and why?
Yikes! Whatever position he puts me in :o *blushing*

Do you write naked? Under the influence? 
Naked, never. Except for if I’m in the shower and I think of something that I have got to write down…
Under the influence – Na. I save cocktails for after writing. ;)

What’s your favorite snack?
Cheetos

What do you do for fun? 
Read, Paddle Board, hike.

1 comment: