Thursday, July 31, 2014

Author Interview: Emily R Pearson author of MOVING FORWARD & TWO STEPS BACK




SYNOPSIS
Six years ago a monster broke Ava Monroe's soul. She was left with nothing but an empty house and no reason to live. In starting a new life in a new city she finds the strength to carry on, but can she ever erase the demons of her past?
When an act of fate brings Seth into her life, they'll attempt to discover the truth about their tainted pasts. But Seth Carter has a secret; one even he doesn't know exists.
Will Ava's connection with Seth be enough to lift her up, or will it destroy what little she has left?

**WARNING: This book contains mature content**


REVIEW
A broken girl, Ava meets and falls in love with the perfect guy, Seth. Too good to be true? Well yes it sure is, but probably not in the way in which you would expect, or I certainly didn't expect it. A stalker/murderer is on the lose but is only after one girl. But again it is much more complex than even that. The interweaving links in this story are fantastic, author Emily R Pearson does a brilliant job of keeping the excitement going all the way from beginning to end. I loved the relationships between Ava and her friend and also with the detective. Well done on a gripping storyline! Will there be another book? I award Moving Forward 5 stars!


BUYING LINKS
AMAZON US: http://amzn.to/1s7qlKX


SYNOPSIS
Two simple words sent Seth's world crashing down around him. He's gone. The truth begins to unravel as Seth and Dawson discover just how deep Richard's betrayal went. With the help of Detective Sterling, they race to stop the monster that destroyed their pasts. Together they find that family isn't always blood, but rather a dysfunctional mesh of unexpected friends. With Ava gone, Seth struggles to get back the woman he loves. Will he be able to keep his promise to stop James from destroying their futures? Or will he lose his grip on reality, setting off a chain reaction? Sometimes, in order to move forward from the wake of a disaster, you have to take two steps back.

REVIEW
Well what can I say, except Emily R Pearson you have done it again, provided me with a gripping and emotional read. This book is a suspense story but to me, at its core is love. And it is this love which drives the story forward. I'm not just going to do a retelling of the story as this would spoil it for you, but I am going to say that this story is full of sexy and strong alpha males with equally strong and independent females. Ava and Carrissa you show that us girls sure can fight when we need to. Thank you Emily R Pearson for an amazing story. But now I want more, please tell me we will be getting more? I award this book 5 easy Stars!!!


BUYING LINKS
AMAZON US: http://amzn.to/XkeqOq

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

1.       Where are you from?

A silly little town called Deer Creek Illinois. It’s all of 5 blocks every direction!

2.       What do you do when you’re not writing?
I spend time with my little redhead daughter. She’s a handful! She’s almost three going on thirteen! I also enjoy reading, running, and trying to look cool in public. I usually fail at that last one!

3.       Where do the ideas for your books come from?

My fingertips. No really! I sat down one day and just stared writing. That’s when Moving Forward was born. I have yet to outline anything. The stories have just written themselves.

4.       What book are you reading now?

I’m currently reading an ARC/Beta copy of Secrets for Love by Claudia Bradshaw, my critique partner. You’ll want to check out her first book, Sin for Love. ;)

5.       What was the hardest part in writing?

Hurting the characters you’ve grown to love. Destruction causes me great pain…and great pleasure. It’s a twisted world writers live in.

6.       What was your favorite part of writing?

Creating a story that I get so wrapped up in. I literally curse myself as plots unfold. I absolutely love the emotional outlet writing gives me.

7.       What are your current projects?

Currently, I’m writing Stepping Out: A Moving Forward Short. It’s a novella in the bad guys POV. It’s really driving my emotions off a cliff! Let me tell ya!

8.      Can you share a little of your current work with us?

This is fresh off the WIP! I just wrote this little snipet!

“How exactly is that my fault? I didn’t control what family you ended up with.” Richard said folding his arms across his chest.
“You decided that it wasn’t yours that I belonged to even though I belonged to Charlotte. If you wouldn’t have sent me away, I’d have never been raised to accept hate and fear and agony into my heart. Isn’t that what it all comes down to, Richard? The ‘what ifs’ of where I was raised versus where I should have been raised.”

9.       Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you for all the support you have not only given me, but the characters of this series as well! It’s truly a wonderful thing to see all the love people have for a group of characters I’ve created and fallen in love with together! Thank you for loving Ava and Seth enough to stick with me through this!

~~**OK………….. Now that all the serious questions are out of the way, let’s have some fun**~~

10.   What is your most embarrassing moment?

Man. I really have to choose one? That’s a hard question! I am really outgoing and quirky, so embarrassing myself is rare. :) One day, I had been sitting outside eating Oreo’s with my little girl. We got up to go for a walk around the block. When we got back, we stood outside talking to one of my neighbors. As I said goodbye and walked away, he yelled back at me, “You look like you pooped yourself!” I had a big Oreo stain right on my butt! I sat on a cookie. That poor cookie.

11.    What is one of the things you would put on your “bucket list”?

Skydiving. I would love to skydive. It’s scary and exciting and completely out of my element.

12.    If you could be any flavor of ice cream what flavor would you be and why?

I’m going to go with Confetti Cake Ice Cream. It’s a cool party in a box. Hello! That screams Emily!

13.    What is one thing that annoys you the most?

Odd numbers. They are just…odd. When I turn the volume up on my TV or my radio in the car, it HAS to be on an even number or my head will explode.

14.    What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?

I don’t eat strange things! But I did eat a worm once. It was a dare. I can’t back down to a dare!

15.    Are you a morning or night person?

Night person all the way. I hate mornings, but I could stay up all night if my lame body didn’t require sleep!

16.    What’s your favorite movie?

Boondock Saints – the first one! Such an awesome flick!

17.    Where is the worst place you could get stuck?

Somewhere without cell reception! I’d go insane! I mean, who wouldn’t?
18.   Where would you go if you were invisible?

To Jensen Ackels house. I’d creepily watch him while he was unaware. In case you were wondering, I love him. He’s my future husband. He just doesn’t know it yet – neither does his wife! Is that too creepy? :p

19.    What is the one thing you own you wish you didn’t?

Tweezers. I really hate those things. Heck, I don’t even use them! Is that weird?

20.   If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?

My kindle and my child. She’s a thing, right? I’d go crazy without that stubborn little redhead. We both LOVE to read, so the kindle would be a necessity. :)

21.    If you could choose your nickname, what would it be?

Well that’s a tough question. In high school I had an amazing group of girlfriends. We all named ourselves after different Little Rascals characters. My nickname was Buckwheat. Does that count? I picked it! I gotta dolla, I gotta dolla, I gotta dolla hey, hey, hey, HEY! Thank you SO much for these amazing questions! Some of them were tough! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment