Monday, July 28, 2014

Release Day: PYROS by T.G.Ayer


Pyros by T.G. Ayer has released early!!



 Title: Pyros (DarkWorld Origins, #1)
Author:
T.G. Ayer
Release Date: (
estimated) July 31st 2014

Publisher: Infinite Ink Books
Add to Goodreads


Buying Links:
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1k3lkSf

Logan Westin, the brooding hunk that steals Kailin Odel's heart in SKIN DEEP. Even the fact that she's a panther shifter and he's plain old human couldn't stop the sparks from flying between those two.

But Logan has his own little secrets, a history that weighs down on him,memories that seem to escape him. PYROS tells you where Logan comes from both in the origin of his powers and the source of his troubled mind.

Pyros MUST be read after reading SKIN DEEP because there are major spoilers.


      It was supposed to be a special day.
      Logan Westin's mother had promised to take him to his favorite diner. The one he loved to look at when they walked past on their way to the bus stop. Sometimes he'd slow down. Press his hands to the window and peer inside. Logan loved the look of the red-cushioned seated and the bright gleaming chrome.
      Today was his chance to go inside and mother had said she'd get them strawberry milkshakes.
      Logan was so excited he couldn't walk. He had to hop or run, do something more than just stroll along as if their destination wasn't a place that made him so excited he wanted to laugh out loud.
      But Logan didn't laugh. Father wouldn't approve. And even though Father no longer lived with them, Logan knew he had to be careful. For Mother and for... For? Who else was he meant to protect?
      Logan frowned and skidded to a stop in front of the diner. When he pushed the door open he inhaled the smells, and it all made him giddy with excitement. Coffee, and cooking meat and the polish from the black-and-white checkered linoleum beneath his feet. He pasted a huge grin on his face as he walked inside. Mother followed closely by a little girl whose laughter tickled his insides. She was as excited to be there as he was. They'd waited for so long.
      When Logan turned to pull her pigtails he paused, stunned and confused. There was no one there. Even though her laughter still rang through the diner, the haunting sound so filled with happiness, so innocent and bubbly. He knew that voice. Knew if he reached out she'd hold his hand and her skin would be soft and smooth. Knew she'd grab his hand and pull him inside and accuse him of dragging his feet.
      But there was nobody beside him.



    
I have been a writer from the time I was old enough to recognise that reading was a doorway into my imagination. Poetry was my first foray into the art of the written word. Books were my best friends, my escape, my haven. I am essentially a recluse but this part of my personality is impossible to practice given I have two teenage daughters, who are actually my friends, my tea-makers,my confidantes… I am blessed with a husband who has left me for golf. It’s a fair trade as I have left him for writing. We are both passionate supporters of each others loves – it works wonderfully…

My heart is currently broken in two. One half resides in South Africa where my old roots still remain, and my heart still longs for the endless beaches and the smell of moist soil after a summer downpour. My love for Ma Afrika will never fade. The other half of me has been transplanted to the Land of the Long White Cloud. The land of the Taniwha, beautiful Maraes, and volcanoes. The land of green, pure beauty that truly inspires. And because I am so torn between these two lands – I shall forever remain cross-eyed.


_____________________________*

No comments:

Post a Comment