Monday, December 16, 2013

Feature Author Anna Applegate

Feature Author 
Anna Applegate
Author of the Ariya Adams Trilogy

Author Bio:
Anna Applegate lives in rural Maryland. She loves reading, romance of all kinds, sappy chick flicks, paranormal literature, shooting stars, Disney, traveling, and having an imagination.
If you are interested in staying up to date when she releases new books, teasers, and more, please sign up for her e-mail list at http://annaapplegate.com under the Contact Me tab. Just put a note in that you’re interested in joining the mailing list.

Find out more about Anna and the latest in the Ariya Adams trilogy through one of the below methods of communication:

Author Interview:
1.       Where are you from?
I’m from rural Maryland, about forty minutes from Washington, DC.

2.       What do you do when you’re not writing?
I’m a Conference Planner for a small business in DC. I plan meetings and events for a variety of clients, mostly in the government.

3.       Where did the idea for the Ariya Adams Trilogy come from?
I’m addicted to reading. Paranormal is usually my genre of choice (although now I’m being thrown into contemporary romances and LOVING them, too). I was getting frustrated, feeling like I was reading the same story lines over and over in the books I was picking up. They were all wonderful, but I felt like I had read the story already. I remember complaining to one of my girlfriends about it and she said, well if you think you can do it better, try to. I sat down, thinking I’d get a page of writing out and realize I should NOT have thought I could do it. After a month or two of keeping with it though, I had multiple pages, and an idea of where my characters were going. The story just kept playing out in front of me. I like to think it’s unique and that my desire for something different came through.

4.       What book are you reading now?
I’m currently reading The Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

5.       What was the hardest part in writing these books?
I think the hardest part is finding enough time to write. Sometimes the characters and ideas are swarming around in my head and I don’t have time to sit down and write. I think the biggest thing is just to try to find time, even if it’s only 5 minutes, to write and get the thoughts out on the page.

6.       What was your favorite part of writing these books?
I love watching my characters develop. Sometimes it feels like they are in control and even I get surprised at the direction things go. It’s fun to see the story develop and get put to pages.

7.       What are your current projects?
I’m working on Book 3 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy, Sacrificed. That will be out early 2014. That’s taking up most of my time, but I’m always taking notes for other series and books. J

8.      Can you share a little of your current work with us?
I don’t want to give too much away! I think the end will surprise people. There will be romance, adventure, shocks, and some steamy scenes as well – I promise!

9.       Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I want to say thank you. Those words don’t even feel like enough. I am so grateful for everyone who takes time to spend with Ariya and her friends. I hope everyone continues to enjoy the story. I wrote them to be fun and entertaining and I hope that comes across. I’m thrilled to have been given such wonderful support and I will never be able to express my gratitude as fully as I feel it. THANK YOU ALL!!!

OK………….. Now that all the serious questions are out of the way, let’s have some fun.

10.   What is your most embarrassing moment?
Oh goodness, I’m a total klutz. So I have plenty. I trip all the time and usually in front of cute guys. Really classy, I know!

11.    What is one of the things you would put on your “bucket list”?
I really want a tattoo. I realize that’s not a big deal for a bucket list, but I’m scared of needles. So for me, it’s on there. J

12.    If you could be any flavor of ice cream what flavor would you be and why?
Chocolate, simply because I LOVE chocolate anything and it feels more wild than vanilla. J

13.    What is one thing that annoys you the most?
This is silly, I hate people cutting in front of me and breaking my stride. That seems strange, but I’m a fast walker and hate having to stutter-step.

14.    What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Honey Mustard – it was delicious and a college staple my freshman year.

15.    Are you a morning or night person?
Night Owl!! I write my best in the evening. Getting out of bed in the morning is a challenge.

16.    What’s your favorite movie?
Love Actually!

17.    Where is the worst place you could get stuck?
Anywhere with spiders – they are too much for me!

18.   Where would you go if you were invisible?
I’d go to closed parts of museums or art galleries all over the world. Places closed to the public – I think it would be fascinating to see!

19.    What is the one thing you own you wish you didn’t?
The Aqua CD (group that sang Barbie Girl). That’s a little embarrassing.

20.   If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?
My Kindle and an unlimited amount of wine. Is that cheating?? J

21.    If you could choose your nickname, what would it be?
In college, my friends called me Anni and I loved it. So that would be my nickname.


The Ariya Adams Trilogy
Protected (Book 1 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy) is available in eBook form through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
At the start of her senior year at Kingsbrook College, a small school in Northern Michigan, Ariya Adams has a perfectly normal existence. Determined to make this her best year yet, she attends her classes and hangs out with the friends she has come to love more than life.
With the arrival of the sexy and mysterious transfer student James Rymer, Ariya Adams’ world is turned upside down. Not only does the new stranger bring out emotions she’s never felt, but he seems to be intertwined in her existence even more than she could have imagined. She discovers that “normal” isn’t what she thought it was and that the lines between fantasy and reality don’t exist, at least not for her.
Danger soon comes and she discovers that everyone has been keeping secrets from her. The battle between one's duty and what feels right will have to be fought, and it may be a struggle for Ariya to stay alive. With her life, and the lives of the people she cares for most endangered, she learns to never underestimate the power of blood.

GENRE: New-Adult, Paranormal Romance

Awakened (Book 2 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy) is available in eBook form through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Nothing is ever quite as it seems, at least not for Ariya Adams. She’s only recently discovered the supernatural world is real, and that world wants something from her. Her blood. Her unique ability to heal both werewolves and vampires with only a few drops gives Ariya a great power. However, that power has put her in unfathomable danger.
James, her sexy vampire boyfriend and Protector, has done well keeping Ariya safe in the past. When a new, more powerful and manipulative evil comes into play, it may prove to be more than they can handle, especially when their forbidden affair makes Ariya more vulnerable to the deceptive new enemy seeking to control her. Her grasp on reality will be tested and twisted as she battles to save James, her friends, and herself.
Despite her determination, she may be faced with a pain greater than she ever imagined. Even the most powerful abilities have limitations, and this time, the power of her blood might not be enough to save those she loves most. If all else is lost, will Ariya survive?

GENRE: Paranormal Romance
*This book contains some violence and sexual content. It is intended for audiences 18+.*

Review: ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆.........
Ok, normally when I write a review for books that make up a series, I usually read the first book, write my review, read the next one and write the review for that one and so on.  But with this series, I just COULDN’T STOP!  I finished the first one and was so caught up in the story of these wonderful characters that there was no way for me to stop and write the review.  I rushed right into my kindle store and 1-clicked the second book as quick as possible and dove right back into the story and characters that I had fallen in love with.  If you are tired of the typical story plot of paranormal series and the predictability that goes along with it, then this series is for you!  This adventure will leave you on pins and needles through every twist and turn.  You will be flipping pages as fast as possible to find out where the words are leading these wonderful characters.
            So let’s start with a rundown of the main characters.  Our heroine in the series is Ariya Adams.  She’s your typical normal college student who has had her fair share of horrible college relationships.  When we start out, she is taking a break from all guys, at least as far as being in a relationship with them.  Enter James Rymer, the dark mysterious and, let us not forget, HOT new transfer student on campus.  He brings out new emotions in Ariya that she’s definitely not use to.  But not only are the main characters in the story absolutely wonderful, you can’t help but love the supporting characters as well.  There’s Ariya’s best girlfriend, Caroline, the spunky fun loving fashonista.  Riley, the hot guy best friend, who has a secret crush on Ariya and would do anything for her.  And Nick, Caroline’s hot “new” boyfriend, who soon becomes a close friend to Ariya as well. 
            I’m not going to tell you too much about the storyline because I don’t want to spoil all of the surprises, but trust me, you won’t regret checking out this series.  The first two books are out already (Protected and Awakened), and we can expect the much anticipated third book, Sacrificed, to be released in early 2014.  I CAN NOT wait for the third book!  I have fallen in love with this series and feel like I’m stuck in a book hangover waiting on the third J ~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment