Thursday, December 19, 2013

Feature Author Friday Natalie Graham

 
Natalie Graham is an English, indie, e-book author. She originally wrote for fun, choosing to write short stories until she wrote her debut novel – Broken Ever After; the first in the Ever After trilogy. She is currently working on the sequel to BEA to be released early 2014 and has plans for another series tentatively scheduled for 2015
 
 

 
 
 
1. At what age did you decide you wanted to be a writer?

I'm not sure I ever decided to be a writer until my first few reviews came in for Broken Ever After and people were telling me how much they loved it, and asked for more. I've always loved to write though, I just never realised how much until I hit publish.

2. What inspired you to write your first book?

I wrote it for something to concentrate on when I was going through a tough pregnancy. The thing that made me determined to publish it was when I'd read Reason To Breathe / Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Some aspects of Broken Ever After were quite a struggle to write as they hold some truth to my own life, but after I read those stories, they gave me the courage to take a leap and release it.

3. What is your favorite genre to read?
It depends if I am writing at the time or not. I love writing Contemporary Romance/NA, so when I'm taking a break and in a reading mood I have to move away from that genre and read fantasy novels with Vampires or Angels. I also love to read Dystopian novels. If I'm not writing I can't get enough of CR/Erotica novels. I love them. *I hope my husband doesn't read this*
4. When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your free time?

Read. If I could spend every free minute reading I would, but my children have this annoying habit of wanting to go out and do fun things. Why is this?

5. Who would be your top 3 favorite authors?

I wouldn't say I have 'favourite authors' but the 3 that come to mind that I always buy as soon as they release a new book are Christina Lauren, Abbi Glines and Jamie McGuire.

6. What book are you reading now? If none, what was the last book you read?
*hides from husband again - he says I'm ignoring him to read - I am, but don't tell him.* I'm currently reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward and loving it! I'm up to book 7 which is Lover Avenged.
7. Are any characters or experiences in your book based off of your life or someone you know?

Some of the events in Broken Ever After did take place in my life like I mentioned earlier, and my husband is Scottish so I guess that counts as far as my character Riley is concerned. I'm a little bit obsessed with my husband's accent, I always ask him to say words that he pronounces differently to my English accent. It's a little weird how obsessed I am if I'm honest and I have no idea why he married me- haha!

8. What was the best-all-time-ever, Christmas present you ever got as a kid?

I don't actually remember any other than a bike that I got. I loved that bike so much that I even named it. It was called Pinkie - yes it was pink. I wasn't so imaginative with that if I'm honest.

9. Scary, Action, Comedy or Romance for movie night choice?

Comedy or Romance are my favourite. If they are together then all the better :) Crazy Stupid Love, Bridesmaids and How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days are some of my favourites. I'm also a sucker for kids films. Anything by Disney/Pixar and Dreamworks get my full attention.

10. If you could have any super power, what would it be? And why...?

To breathe under water. That probably sounds like a really lame super power, doesn't it? I can swim but I have this horrible fear of deep water and the possibility that I might drown once I'm out of my depth. I've always wanted to go scuba diving somewhere like the Maldives or the Great Barrier Reef but I'm too scared, so knowing that I would be safe (well, as safe as you could be with the possibility of being eaten by a shark) would make it the BEST super power to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment