Friday, September 13, 2013

Featured Author Faith Andrews

Hi all, it's Leslie, and I am SO excited to introduce you to author, Faith Andrews. I was lucky enough to read her book Man of My Dreams and I LOVED it!  Here is the cover and synopsis
18072325
Mia Murphy may be married to the man of her dreams. But the man in her dreams is the one that got away—her high school crush. 

Mia’s stuck in a rut, just like every other stay-at-home mom, and the only thing saving her from her monotonous routine is her perfect husband, Declan. He’s gorgeous, he adores her, and the man stole her heart with his sexy singing voice. Mia feels like the luckiest girl in the world, until she discovers that Mr. Perfect is not Mr. Faithful. Mia is devastated. Everything she once believed about Declan and their marriage is now covered in a big cloud of doubt and regret. On impulse, she kicks the cheating bastard out, pushing them into a separation that could mean the end of the picture-perfect couple. 

But when Mia receives an invitation to her high school reunion, she finds herself abandoning the present for the oh-so alluring pull of the past. Although her heart still belongs to her husband, inescapable thoughts of her crush, Noah, resurface. And ten years later, Noah isn’t afraid to make his move. When the build-up of fantasies and ‘what ifs' comes to a head, sparks fly and it’s Mia’s turn to question if her marriage is everything she wants out of life. Searching for answers, Mia dives head first into dating Noah, falling further away from her husband and closer to her old flame. 

But Declan’s not giving up so easily. Mia is his one and only and he’s not about to let another man win her heart

The roller coaster that, Faith, takes you on through her writing is incredible! You'll be laughing, crying, yelling, and frustrated but all in the most delicious way! The main character, Mia, is someone you can relate to and you come to love. All of the characters are real people with real believable emotions. You can understand and her feelings and the way she is acting even if you don't like it! :) Plus TWO gorgeous drool worthy men!?Without giving too much away I will say that the flashbacks work really well without you feeling like you are jumping around and they really give you insight into the characters and their history. In the end would you be able to forgive and forget? Could you let go of your teenage dreams?

So now you guys get the pleasure of meeting and getting to know this incredible author! 
Faith  Andrews

1. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, I now reside in Staten Island.

2. When you aren't writing what do you like to do with your time?
Being a Mommy...it's a full time job, this stay -at-home-mom gig. When I get a little free time I enjoy reading (duh), music, catching up with the girls, and date nights with the hubby.

3. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer?
No! I always enjoyed reading and in turn liked to write and kept a journal throughout my childhood, but my dream to write and publish a book didn't come until I was way past the "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

4. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Not until I started to get serious about getting my books out there. It was a hobby at first and then after doing some research, making new friends, and networking it mushroomed into a full-fledged "thing." It's crazy to think how much this has consumed my life (in a good way) for the past year.

5. What inspired your book?
Real events, not so real events, just the idea of hanging on to your youth and struggling with the monotony of every day and getting older.

6. Are any characters or experiences based off of your life or someone you know?
Sure! There are tidbits of friends and family and myself in every one of my characters, but when I sat down to write them they took on a whole new UNIQUE persona. I get a lot of people, especially those who know me well, asking if I'm Mia. Obviously the answer is no, but you'll definitely get a sense of who I am from reading about her life.

7. Why do you think people love and connect with Mia?
I think people will have a love/hate relationship with her. Like all people she has flaws; some that cause her to make some not-so-honorable decisions. But people will relate to her--the wife, the mommy, and they'll empathize with her vulnerable side.

8. If Man of My Dreams was made into a movie and you could cast the leads, who would you chose?
Oh easy! For the guys:
Declan Murphy is Derek Hal
e
Noah Matheson is Paul Walke
r
Mia I didn't always picture this way but now I'm stuck on Reese Witherspoon
.

9. Which writer, if any, would you consider a mentor?
There are so many amazing writers who inspire me--Colleen Hoover, Jasinda Wilder, EL James, Stephenie Meyers and so many more, but one well known indie author really guided me to take this leap into self publishing and I haven't looked back since. I will forever be grateful to  Gail McHugh for showing me the ropes and making me feel like a part of the club.

10. What are you reading right now?
I'm currently beta reading for a friend, but the last book I read was Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover. Omg! Those two books, Hopeless and Losing Hope, are my absolute all time favorites!

11. What are your current projects?
I'm working on my second release called, Little Brother. It's been so much fun to write and the characters harass me on a daily basis to have their say so...I'm aiming for an early 2014 release.


12. When and where can people get Man of My Dreams?
Man of My Dreams releases on September 19th and will be available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and CreateSpace.

Here are some of her links:

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/jessicafaith919

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/author-faith-andrews/492043340867700

Goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18072325-man-of-my-dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment