Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday's Featured Author interview with Pepper Winters

Where are you from? I'm English but I like in Sydney :)

Tell us your latest news? Um, Tears of Tess launched a week early (was due out on the 6th of Sept, but I released on the 30th of August) and is currently SO close to cracking the top 100 on Amazon. A few more points and it's there!

When and why did you begin writing? I've always written, right from a child. However, it wasn't until 4 years ago that I decided to do it seriously. My first attempts were awful, but I slowly found my voice and I like my work now.

When did you first consider yourself a writer? Probably not until last week when I published Tess. People love the story and I'm blown away by the support and acceptance of my book.

What inspired you to write your first book? My first book was about natural disasters and characters being able to control those forces. It was told in four first person point of views and was confusing as hell. LOL

Do you have a specific writing style? I think I do. I'm descriptive and try to invoke as many emotions as I can. I like to use words in different ways to paint a picture rather than tell with words

How did you come up with the title? The title told me lol. I knew the character was going to be called Tess and when I knew what she was about to go through, I knew Tears would be a big thing. It was logical lol

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Um, well the message that trafficking does happen every day is horrible and needs to stop. But really the book is fiction and I hope the readers see a book full of love, lust, and learning who you are.

How much of the book is realistic? Very realistic. It isn't glossed over. It isn't tame. There are scenes (when she's kidnapped) that are brutal. It's dark, but as long as you know there is light at the end of the tunnel you can get through it.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? Nope. Thank God. Entirely fiction but based on research.

What books have most influenced your life most? I really liked Jean M Auel for her awesome details and I love Laini Taylor for her lyrical way of writing. Both are amazing writers.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Probably Laini Taylor.

What book are you reading now? Ruin by Rachel Van Dyke. It's cute and YA. Totally different to what I normally read and write, but it had high reviews so thought why not

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? A lot of self-published writers are taking the world by storm. It's amazing to see such talent being able to reach the masses so easily.

What are your current projects? I'm currently working on three books: Quintessentially Q--the sequel to Tears of Tess (even though the first book DOESN"T end on a cliffhanger) Last Shadow, and Broken Chance. Very excited about all of them.

Do you see writing as a career? I would LOVE it to be my career. It would be my dream to be able to support myself through writing.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? No. I'm proud of it and happy. which is a big thing for me as I'm not all that secure about my writing lol

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? Not really. it's always been there. I'm a big scrapbooker, dairy noter, always making things up. It's a part of my genetic make up lol

Can you share a little of your current work with us? Sure. Here is the WIP blurb for Last Shadow:
I may exchange dollar signs for a life, but it doesn’t mean I’m without morals.

I may not know my true name, but I don’t need one.

I may be human, but my soul is rotten.



Kage is a perfect shadow. A highly trained killer and unforgiving mercenary, he’s been trained since birth to suffer no emotion, remorse, empathy, or compassion. He’s void, empty; a black unrelenting darkness.

Vivienne is sunlight and happiness. Her twin sister is her reason for living, and she believes her life will be filled with romantic movie-like-moments and golden wrapped opportunities.

But then Kage kills her sister.

By mistake.

His real target was Vivienne, and he steals her away to cover up his blunder. But nothing is secret from the Society of Shadows and Kage is ordered to deliver Vivienne to a high roller in Thailand as a gift for his screw-up.

Kage does his job, and Viv becomes the latest acquisition in a harem of women at the mercy of the highest sadistic bidder.

Life shattered for Viv, and Kage managed to tie up loose ends, but they both weren’t prepared for the unexpected, or a force greater than a human hand.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Sometimes the muse doesn't happen and it's a trial to actually write. But I keep pushing through it and get it done :)

Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)? I LOVE to travel and a lot of the places I write about I've been too :)

Who designed the covers? Ari from Cover it! Designs. She did an amazing job

Do you have any advice for other writers? Keep going. Never give up. And remember success comes to those who fight.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? I hope you like my style of writing, my dark, twisty erotic tales and fall in love with the characters like I do.
Thank you so much for having me!!! <3
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pepper-Winters/539976006062848

No comments:

Post a Comment